Nominate Your Borough for a Great Public SpaceMarch 31st, 2021
The PA Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA) is seeking nominations for its Great Public Spaces, Greenways/Trails, and Streetsprogram. Great Places are unique, memorable places that display a wealth of best practices in community planning.
According to the APA, Great Places offer better choices for where and how people live, work, and play. They are enjoyable, safe, sustainable, and desirable. They build healthy and resilient communities. Great Places also give their communities an economic boost by helping to attract and retain residents and businesses, as well as attract visitors.
Past borough honorees include:
· Triangle Park, Emmaus Borough, Lehigh County;
· Ligonier Diamond Park, Ligonier Borough, Westmoreland County;
· Aspinwall Riverfront Park, Aspinwall Borough, Allegheny County;
· Butler Avenue, Ambler Borough, Montgomery County; and
· State Street, Media Borough, Delaware County.
Program guidelines and the nomination form can be found here. Nominations are due May 7.